Creo Layout is an easy-to-use 2D CAD app that lets your product design team create detailed concepts in 2D, complete with information such as dimensions and annotations.
You can then produce equally detailed 3D models from the same 2D data without having to switch CAD systems or hand off 2D data to 3D CAD specialists. Instead, you leverage their 2D data to produce flawless 3D models that accurately reflect your original design intent. And by automating the process, you can be confident that your CAD deliverables will be seamlessly updated on a continuous basis.
Creo Layout Features and Benefits:
- Creo Layout generates 2D designs to build 3D models in Creo Parametric
- Capture product design intent with a full-featured set of tools for creating, editing and managing 2D geometry
- Gain flexibility and iterate design concepts easily by creating 2D designs that are fully or partially constrained, or completely unconstrained
- Avoid errors and delays by reducing the need to interpret and recreate 2D designs in 3D
- Leverage existing 2D data such as DWG, DXF and IGES files, as well as cross-sections of 3D models created with Creo Parametric software
- Accelerate time-to-market and encourage innovation by enabling concurrent design and engineering of new products
- Leverage 2D drawings for downstream design of structures and assemblies
- Manage propagation of changes from 2D design to 3D models using update controls