With Creo Reverse Engineering Extension (REX), an extension to Creo Parametric, we can create or recreate the electronic 3D CAD model of your physical product. Reverse engineering is the process by which engineers create 3D CAD models from actual products by measuring the physical object using 3D scanning technologies, such as coordinate measuring machines (CMM), laser scanners, structured light digitizers or computed tomography. The resulting point ‘point cloud data is the basis for a 3D CAD model.
Creo Reverse Engineering Extension Features and Benefits
- Create exact virtual replicas of existing physical products
- Increase your company’s ability to reuse existing designs and capitalize on discontinued or hard-to-find designs
- Refine point clouds and quickly fill in gaps, generating precise surfaces automatically from scanned point cloud data
- Simplify the workflow, and minimize the learning curve, by using the same computer-aided design (CAD) program you use to design your products to also reverse engineer a product
- Respond to market needs more effectively by enabling efficient mass customization from a single design